RECIPE! Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana
RECIPE : Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
A man, or ANYONE, who gets me to cook is loved (and blessed) indeed!
Being a woman, I am often asked the question:
Can you Cook?
Can you make me?
I have no reason to.
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1½ tsp crushed red peppers
- 1 large diced white onion
- 4 tbsp bacon pieces
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 10 cups water
- 5 cubes of chicken bouillon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb sliced russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes
- ¼ of a bunch of kale (optional)
- Saute Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in pot.
- Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
- In the same pan, saute bacon, onions and garlic for approximately 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.
- Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boilin
- Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
- Add heavy cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in the sausage.
- Add kale just before serving.
Comments: Substitute milk for cream, if desired/available. I have only cooked it with kale (/fresh spinach) once. I prefer mine with extra spice, so I season according to my personal tastes. PLEASE NOTE: Flavors will be more potent after a day. I prefer to chop my potatoes thin instead of chopping them into cubes. Add grated Parmesan cheese at the end of cooking to thicken your soup.
I taught myself this recipe because my ex loves potatoes (and resultingly, Zuppa Toscana). I really enjoyed the recipe myself and happily let others taste it on occasion. He got mad at me once because I gave half of his soup away! lol (half of a crab pot’s worth) smh All of that to say, this recipe is DELICIOUS!
Blog excerpt taken from ShSpeaks.com. Original Post can be found HERE
RECIPE : Olive Garden aZuppa Toscana